Step 1 – Preliminary Interview
Step 2 – Submit Application consisting of:
- Signed application form* and $50 application fee,
- Resume with picture,
- Two recommendations* pertaining to your ability to work with children (one recommendation should be from a principal instructor),
- Proof of enrollment or completion from accredited music program (exceptions granted, please inquire),
- Video/recording of your playing.
*To request an application form and the recommendation forms please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR APPLICATION FILE IS COMPLETE WHEN OUR OFFICE HAS RECEIVED ALL ITEMS ABOVE, 1-5. The application review process takes between 2-4 weeks.
Step 3 – Training
- Upon receipt of the signed contract and payment of the initial training and certification fee, you will receive the Certified KinderGuitar Teacher’s Training Manual 1, the Certified KinderGuitar Teacher’s Guide to the Skill Building Curriculum, and other required training material. You will be expected to master the material and information in these volumes within 60 days. In addition, we strongly recommend reading Edmund Sprunger’s Helping Parents Practice. This is available from Yes Publishing at http://yespublishing.com. During this training period, founder Leo Garcia will be available for questions, support, and guidance.
- At the end of this 60 day period, applicants will participate in an informational and training interview where they will be required to demonstrate their command of the material in the Training Manual, Guide to the Curriculum, and other required reading.
Step 4 – Licensing and Certification
Upon successful completion of the informational and training interview, you are a Licensed and Certified KinderGuitar Teacher!
KinderGuitar will provide you with:
- Access to KinderGuitar Logo for marketing purposes
- KinderGuitar business templates
- A page on KinderGuitar’s website for referrals
- Order forms for KinderGuitar books your students will need
- Access to supplemental KinderGuitar materials and support
INITIAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION FEE: Inquire
INITIAL LICENSING FEE: Inquire
2015 LICENSING DUES: Inquire
Completed teacher applications can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 20133
Oakland, CA 94620-0133